Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm Running out of Titles

I've been thinking about having a home all day today. I've been thinking about how nice it will be when i have a home of my own, when i walk in the door and feel so cozy and comfortable. Last week i was walking through target and passed through the home goods section and saw all of these cute things that i would buy if i had a place to put them. It is funny to think that a couple of years ago when my mom would drag me through the home section of stores i would say "really? and why would i want to look at that stuff?", but now it's fun to imagine what will one day be in a place i live. I can't wait. My mom told me a couple days ago that my bedroom back home was going to be in the City Pages (a local newspaper). It made me pine for my warm, soft, plush bed and the walls where all my pictures were. I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed when i visit home. Those of you who know me, know how much i love my bed and the one i have out here can, in no way whatsoever, compare.

Today i also thought about how lucky i am. I was remembering how with my previous jobs there would be days where the time to get ready for work would roll around, or i'd be on my way in and couldn't stop thinking about how it was the last thing i wanted to do. But with this, the worst part is getting up early and that's about it. I keep wondering if the brilliance and dazzle of it all will fade. My gut is telling me it won't. Another reassuring factor is that susie still loves it and she has been doing it for 30 years. I am pretty sure that once you fall in love with horses, there is no falling out.

I trapped Fuznutz tonight in an empty stall (this is the elusive black and white, plump barn kitty). He and his girlfriend were hanging around the feed cart and quickly darted down the barn aisle as i came out of my room and caught sight of them. But Fuznutz couldn't stay away; he was curled up on top of the hay bales the entire time i was mucking stalls. When i found him there i took a couple steps toward him to see if i could pet him but he swiftly jumped onto the top of the wall between the two stalls and hopped down into the other stall. I quickly ran over and shut the stall door, trapping him in. I was proud of myself for a second. I thought that for the next few days i would keep him in there, give him some food and water and wait for susie to get back to take him to the vet. Then he looked at me and immediately decided i was milk-able, so he started crying like a little baby for me to let him out. Once he started pacing the stall like a pro i felt bad and gave in. I opened the door saying "here you go fuznutz" in a sweet voice. The little shit zoomed past me and disappeared into the dark parking lot. After our incident tonight, i probably won't see him for another week.

I'm listening to a song called Dodo right now by dave matthews and it's a really pretty song. Just thought i would share! I hope life is being good to you. Until next time....

love,
greer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Greer,
    I stumbled on to your blog. It's beautiful and I have to tell you how jealous I am of your adventure. It sounds like you are doing great things. Keep writing you have a wonderful voice.
    Ciao,
    Maya B.

    ReplyDelete